About Sing for Hope’s Art U! Youth Outreach Program
Sing for Hope’s Art U! program connects under-resourced youth with their potential to effect positive change through artistic expression. With a team of resident Teaching Artists and visiting Volunteer Artists, Art U! engages students in dynamic arts curricula, empowering young people to transform their lives and world through a broad range of artistic disciplines (which may include dance, drama, creative writing, movement, or music).
Art U! partners with schools and community-based organizations that focus on underserved constituencies and fosters a safe haven for our most vulnerable young people, equipping them with key tools for community-building and individual success. In the process of exploring and addressing important issues through the arts, students also learn valuable life skills including responsibility, teamwork, and accountability.
“I’ve seen the difference that this organization makes in the lives of young people. Sing for Hope brings a wealth of knowledge, talent, and education, and their Teaching Artists act as excellent role models and really make a world of difference. I’m a praying man and I pray every day for the right help, and Sing for Hope is the right help.”– Larry Matthew
Director, New York City Housing Authority Youth Chorus
Art U! serves the following campuses:
- Academy of Urban Planning (Brooklyn, NY)
- Bushwick School for Social Justice (Brooklyn, NY)
- Harlem Village Academy (Manhattan, NY)
- Hunts Point Alliance for Children (Bronx, NY)
- Mott Haven Academy (Bronx, NY)
- New York City Housing Authority Youth Chorus (Manhattan, NY)
- P.S. 18 Edward Bush School (Brooklyn, NY)
- P.S. 34 Franklin Delano Roosevelt School (Manhattan, NY)
- Sacred Heart School (Bronx, NY)
- Shakespeare Society (Bronx, NY)
- St. Jude (Manhattan, NY)
Please click here to see our upcoming events.
If you are a Volunteer Artist interested in giving your time to Sing for Hope, please click here.
If you are interested in making a contribution to support this program, please click here.